I believe that the Realtor/Client relationship is the key to every successful real estate transaction and because I value the relationship so highly, I have put together a list of my Top 5 Realtor Tips for Buyers and Sellers to promote success! As a Realtor, it is my job to help my clients reach their real estate goals by guiding them through the process from start to finish. I am always open, honest and respectful and in return, I expect the same level of integrity from my clients. A true partnership between Realtor and client will create an atmosphere of trust and ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for all!
Top 5 Realtor Tips for Buyers and Sellers
- Clearly communicate with your Realtor regarding your expectations and be specific about what you are looking for in a new home (price, size, amenities, condition, location, etc). If you are selling your home, then please share your personal and financial goals with your Realtor as well as your desired timeline to sell. Arm your Realtor with information so they are best able to serve you!
- Be as respectful of your Realtor’s time as they are of yours! Your Realtor is investing a great deal of time into helping you. If you are buying a home, then you will likely be spending quite a bit of time together. Be ready and on time for showings and if you are running behind schedule, then please notify your Realtor right away. If you are selling a home, your Realtor is also working very hard for you…marketing, scheduling showings, answering calls and working with other professionals (Realtors, appraisers, title companies, lenders, etc) to get your property sold for top dollar! Multiply by 10 the amount of time you spend with your Realtor face-to-face, and that is likely the amount of effort they are putting in behind the scenes on your behalf.
- Be willing to listen to your Realtor’s advice with open ears! An experienced agent will be able to offer a great deal of wisdom and resources to you based on the sheer number of deals they’ve closed over the years. Remember that they are on your side and doing everything they can to to help you succeed!
- Be flexible and be prepared! If you are buying a home, then you must have your Pre-Qualification or Proof of Funds in hand before you begin the house hunt. In today’s competitive real estate market, preparation and flexibility are key! If your dream home hits the market, then you might need to adjust your schedule to view the property in a timely manner. Timing is everything in real estate and sometimes the early bird gets the worm…or in this case, the house! Don’t wait too long to jump or the house of your dreams may be SOLD to another willing buyer. If you are selling a home, the same rules apply…be flexible and be prepared! Be willing to be inconvenienced by showings and know that the only way to get your house SOLD is to SHOW it! Keep your home in show-ready condition at all times during the listing process…this includes from the day of listing, to the time of contract, home inspection and appraisal all the way up through the final walk thru at closing!
- Trust that your Realtor always has your best interests at heart, truly! A fabulous Realtor is one who pours themselves into the process and works tirelessly until your goals are reached. Be reasonable, be kind and be loyal to your Realtor because they are working hard for you!
Of course these Realtor Tips for Buyers and Sellers only apply if you are working with a Realtor who has proven to be trustworthy with a high level of ethics and professionalism. Don’t settle for a mediocre Realtor when there are plenty of incredible agents out there who are willing to go above and beyond for you without compromising their values or yours! Read my Client Reviews to see what people have to say about working with me!
I am an experienced, local real estate specialist serving the entire East Valley of Phoenix, Arizona. It would be my honor to assist you on your real estate journey and help you to navigate the process of buying and selling Arizona Real Estate. From start to finish, I will be there to guide you and answer your questions with no pressure, only support!
Keely Semon, Realtor®
East Valley Real Estate Specialist
United Brokers Group